Looking for a career in the bus industry? From sales, parts and service Western Canada Bus Sales is looking for the ideal individual. Please complete the information below and attach your resume. Thank you for your interest!!
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of Controller. The Controller will be responsible for all financial functions of the bus division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all corporate accounting functions, including the general ledger, financial schedules, accounts payables, fixed assets, cash management and banking. This includes ensuring bank balance accounts are accurately reconciled monthly
- Establish and maintain systems, processes and controls that protect company assets.
- Treasury management that includes daily cash flow analysis
- Closing of month ends in an accurate and timely manner
- Manages and assists with preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets and financial forecasts
- Prepares financial management reports for the president & senior managers detailing the current and projected financial position of the business and identify matters that have significant implications.
- Ensures that appropriate corporate insurance is in place and that related policies are maintained.
- Manages compliance with tax and other regulatory requirements as they apply to corporate finance
- Works closely with other members of the administrative staff in order to support their functions as necessary
- Manages website ensuring the latest information is available to our customers
- Accurately and efficiently complete projects, special assignments and other duties as required
- Participate in training and personal development
- Performs the role in a professional manner that aligns with the Company’s’ values and ideals
Where is the job?
This job is located in Edmonton, AB.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation package
- Competitive benefits package including dental & disability
- Bonus Programs
- Retirement plan
- Opportunity to work with a trusted and valued product line
- Support and leadership from a strong dealership network
What you need:
- Candidates are required to have a professional accounting designation or currently working towards achieving their designation (CPA, CA, CPA, CGA, CPA, CMA)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Controller or senior accounting position working in an entrepreneurial high growth, high transaction environment.
- Experience in an auto, heavy equipment or related industry is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial principals, practices and controls.
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in excel is required
- Experience with CDK accounting software of is an asset
- Self -Motivated and organized with the ability to take own initiative on projects
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Flexible to changes in daily tasks when required