Our Commitment to Your Privacy:
All personal information is kept under lock and key with restricted access. If your personal information is kept electronically, it is password protected with only those who “need to know” having access to such password.
Western Canada IC Bus Inc. and its subsidiary companies are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. This Privacy commitment describes our policy and practices and how we will collect, use and disclose the personal information of our customers and employees.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include business contact information (such as an individual’s name, title, business, address, business phone number and fax number) when such information is collected, used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
What Personal Information Do We Collect from Our Customers?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about our customers and employees, including:
- Contact and identification information, such as names, telephone numbers, email addresses
- Product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to you, including information with respect to service, maintenance and repair of such products
- Credit and financial information such as your credit history, payment methods and preferences
- Customer relationship information such as customer service requests, feedback and information requested or provided by or from you
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
When you first become a customer or client or whenever you acquire or purchase a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enables us to acquire for you or set up reasonable lines of credit
- Assist you and assess your on going needs for parts, service, lease or new vehicles
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Protect us both against error and or fraud
Who Do We Disclose Your Personal Information To?
For many purposes, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly are:
- Credit organizations, or Credit reporting agencies
- Professionals working with us such as Insurance companies, lawyers and adjusters
- Financial institutions
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
In order for us to protect your personal information and right to privacy we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfil the stated purpose or as required by law
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible
- Safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you
Implied Consent and Express Consent:
Implied consent is when you provide personal information for a product or service. For example, you may provide us with your came, address and phone number in order for us to provide you with our service. * Express Consent is when you provide information to us in writing.
You Can Control Your Personal Information:
We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances.
- We might ask you for your express consent in writing, for example in a signed consent or application form
- We may ask for your express consent in person or over the telephone
- We may determine that by seeking our products or services, your consent has been implied for us to deal with your personal information in a reasonable manner
There are also legal exceptions in which we will not need to obtain your consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of you personal information, for example, this could apply when there is an emergency situation, or if is necessary for your protection or ours.
You can control how we handle your personal information, you do have a choice it the matter. You could refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share your personal or you could also withdraw a previously given consent at any time.
However, by doing that, depending on the situation, you may be limiting or even preventing our ability to provide you with the product or service you desire.
For example, if you do not allow us to obtain information about your credit, it is unlikely we will be able to provide you with credit terms.
Western Canada IC Bus Inc.
Internet and Site Usage:
Every computer connected to the internet is given a domain name and an IP (Internet Protocol) address, containing a set of numbers. This information reveals nothing personal about the visitor. When a visitor requests a page from within our website, our web server automatically recognizes that computers IP address and domain name. Such data is used to help determine general usage patterns and fine-tune layout patterns to ensure our site is as “User Friendly” as possible. This information is not collected or evaluated for individuals and our web servers do not automatically record e-mail addresses.
The Gatekeeper of personal information for Western Canada IC Bus Inc and its subsidiary companies is:
DOUG DE HOOP
He can be contacted at phone: 800-661-9316
Or by fax: 403-723-6653
Or by mail at: 125 Turbo Drive Sherwood Park, Edmonton AB T8H 2J6
Or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can review your personal information on reasonable notice, during regular business hours by making that request of the gatekeeper. You have the right to request a correction be made to your personal information. A person in upper management with Western Canada IC Bus Inc will determine whether that correction should be made or how it should be dealt with within 30 days of the request for correction having been made to the gatekeeper.
Unsolicited or Solicited Resumes
Western Canada IC Bus Inc and/or its subsidiary companies make no commitment to keep your resume or any related personal information provided to the company for any period of time. Western Canada IC Bus Inc, however, reserves the right to keep your resume and personal information provided to the company for a maximum period of 10 years.
Your resume and related personal information will be provided to any member of the company that may benefit from reviewing the same.
We will not disclose the content of your resume and personal information to any third party unless you have consented either orally or in writing to the same.
Your resume and related personal information will be either password protected if kept electronically or kept under lock and key is provided in paper format.
Your resume and personal information when destroyed will be destroyed in a manner that will minimize the risk of disclosure of the personal information to any unauthorized person.